Who we are
The National Research and Development Center for Sustainable Agriculture (Estidamah) is a standalone legal not-for-profit research center based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, managed by a board of directors and chaired by the Minister of Environment, Water & Agriculture.
In 2011, Estidamah was set up upon a joint agreement between the Ministry of Environment, Water, and Agriculture (MEWA) and King Saud University (KSU) in Riyadh Techno Valley to serve as the main office of the Center, with support of the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC).
Estidamah was launched in early 2017 to perform applied research, to adopt and test innovative technologies that will contribute to sustainable agriculture; with a primary focus on specific key strategies, including - but not limited to - increasing crop production per unit area, boosting water-use efficiency, in addition to application and localization of modern protected cultivation technologies.
Estidamah aims to put in place knowledge management and effective empowerment; to adapt and develop sustainable agricultural systems, to supervise research programs and projects, to conduct research and applied experiments in the areas of protected cultivation, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), biological pest control, fertilization, water use efficiency and facilitating innovation; to support and develop sustainable agriculture and expand its applications.
King Saudi University, Riyadh Techno Valley, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, serves as the main office of Estidamah.
Estidamah adopts eight (8) major fields, including:
- Scientific Collaboration
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
- Conferences and Seminars
- Service Offerings
- Information Management
- Technology Development
- Conduct research and experiments within the Center's domains, to bring in the latest technologies that keep up with the Kingdom’s environment.
- Develop, bring in and localize modern innovative technologies and their practical application relevant to the center's areas of expertise.
- Build and develop a personalized electronic database.
- Put in place the necessary requirements to develop research programs and plans; to identify and find solutions for environmental, marketing and productivity constraints.
- Collaborate with individuals, agencies, and specialized expert resources, both inside and outside the Kingdom.
- Organize scientific conferences, seminars, workshops, and training courses.
- Publish and take part in scientific output.
- Promote awareness on the adopted sustainable agricultural practices, as well as the latest innovative technologies.
- Provide consultations and technical support to both the public and private sectors in agricultural sustainability.
At Estidamah, we observe the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics. We are transparent, honest, and ethical in all our interactions with staff, partners, customers.
We all are committed to serving our constituencies and helping them achieve their objectives. We spare no efforts to provide sustainable and practical agricultural technology and practices that boost product quality, quantity, and affordability.
Estidamah takes pride in providing high-value agricultural sustainability products and services, which ensure satisfaction, profitability, safety and growth.
Estidamah encourages innovation and fosters a work environment where creative thinking is encouraged and rewarded. This, in turn, would help effectively create opportunities for improvement and more cost-effective agricultural sustainable products and services.
Partnership and Teamwork:
Estidamah believes that knowledge sharing and partnership are the core of modern development, especially in agricultural sustainability. This fact helps us build our own collective strength and independence at the same time. We entertain the highest level of mutual respect to all of our partners and individuals who share our vision, mission, and values.